Inherited IRAs can be very challenging for investors to understand. Not only are there a series of different rules that govern how money must be withdrawn from them in each unique situation, but those rules also changed substantially with the recent passage of the Secure Act. In this episode, we provide an overview of Inherited IRAs and what investors need to know about them.
- 02:39 – The key rules that govern required minimum distributions for inherited IRAs.
- 06:52 – The pre 2020 rules for inherited IRAs
- 11:10 – The rules for non-spouses pre-2020
- 15:23 – The Secure Act and the post 2020 rules for inherited IRAs
- 18:32 – The rules for non-spouses post 2020
- 20:12 – Financial planning opportunities with inherited IRAs